Dear HealthFlex Participants,
The Health Quotient and Blueprint For Wellness dates have been extended through September 30, 2020.
Please read more about this by clinking on the links below.
Health Quotient (HQ)
Blueprint For Wellness (BPW)
Wespath has teamed up with Quest to introduce an At-Home Screening Option – Qcard. The Qcard allows participants to do a finger stick test at home and self-report their biometrics. Click on Qcard to find out more how to participate.
Changes Allowed to Health Plans, DCAs and FSAs Due to COVID-19
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) allowances for health plans in recognition of the fact that many participants are facing unanticipated changes in expenses due to COVID-19, include:
- Permitting mid-year changes to plan elections, such as:
- Electing, changing or ceasing health coverage
- Prospectively electing or increasing/decreasing health flexible spending arrangements (health care FSAs)
- Prospectively electing or increasing/decreasing dependent care flexible spending arrangements (dependent care FSAs)
- Extending the claims period to the end of 2020 for unused 2019 FSA or DCA amounts that were due to expire before the end of the year
- Allowing previously provided temporary relief for high deductible health plans to be applied retroactively to January 1, 2020
- HealthFlex is only allowing the above changes to FSA (dependent care and medical) and these must be prospective. Some virtual camps (as long as they are associated with a specific topic or skill, like crafts, sports) can also be reimbursable through the DCA. We recognize that some people’s plans have changed due to COVID (day cares not open, elective procedures cancelled), which is beyond their control, so we are making this important allowance
- Extend the timeframe for enrollment after a life event until 60 days after the end of the emergency period.
If you need assistance or clarification, please contact the Health Team at 1-800-851-2201.